Im having trouble with my computer, I need some help.

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by oddball7465, Sep 30, 2009.

1. oddball7465

oddball7465 Private E-2

I'll start my computer and one of the fans, I believe it's the graphic cards', will speed up and slow down and it'll do this a few times. Then the computer will sound like it normally does when starting up, but nothing will appear on the monitor. I need help getting my computer fixed.

My PC specs are:
    NVIDIA GeForce 8600 GT
    2GB RAM
    Vista 32bit
    amd athlon 64 x2 dual core processor 4400+ *

2. cknwedeal

cknwedeal Private E-2

have you tried rebooting into safe mode, and reinstalling the latest video drivers?

3. hrlow2

hrlow2 MajorGeek

Welcome to Major Geeks.
    Have you tried the onboard graphics to see if you get anything to the monitor?

4. oddball7465

oddball7465 Private E-2

Monitor works fine. I just cant get my computer to display anything

Last edited: Oct 2, 2009
  5. plodr

plodr Major Geek Super Extraordinaire

hrlow2 was trying to tell you to remove the graphics card and boot with just the onboard video. This is the way to tell if your video card is bad. If the monitor displays using the onboard video chip, you've discovered the problem.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds