I'm running a HTPC in the living room with a Sound Blaster Audigy SE conected by an o

Discussion in 'Software' started by RexNoctis, Feb 2, 2009.

1. RexNoctis

RexNoctis Corporal

Hi all,

I'm running a HTPC in the living room with a Sound Blaster Audigy SE conected by an optical cable to my Sony STR DB1070. PC is running Windows Vista 32bit.

I've set the SPDIF to be the default device within the Windows settings and enabled SPDIF output on FFDShow. When I test the settings with Windows, I can output Dolby Digital and the amp can pick it up no problem but I can't get any two channel source to output over the digital link. Even when I disconnect the cable, the light does not come on.

Are there any other places I should be looking for settings?

I previously had the sound card hooked up with 3x 3.5mm to RCA connecters which worked fine for both surround and stereo but the amp cannot do any processing on this which makes music sound a bit weedy as it won't use the sub.

Any ideas welcomed at this stage! :)

2. RexNoctis

RexNoctis Corporal

Re: I'm running a HTPC in the living room with a Sound Blaster Audigy SE conected by

Damn, sorry. Just realised it's not a very descriptive title, I think I started writing in the wrong text box! Too late to edit now! :-(

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds