I'm seeing updaters as viruses...

Discussion in 'Software' started by Monster, Nov 20, 2006.

1. Monster

Monster Guest

Running W98se, 600mghtz, 6gig...

Having some serious trouble with F-Prot... It perpetually tries to connect to the Net with its updater... NetVeda can't stop it from trying to connect, and I've at least stopped NetVeda's pop-up warnings... but NetVeda only blocks the connection, not the attempt... About every five minutes, F-Prot momentarily locks-up the mouse and keyboard, in its use of all the RAM, to bring up its auto-updater blocked attempt... And it happens while I'm composing, on rolls.. or pix editing, on rolls... I'm gonna hafta dump this chunk uh garbage, what cost me 30-bucks... cuz I can't find a setting to stop F-Prot from trying to connect... I Need to destroy that feature in F-Prot, as I have done in all the softwares in my PC.. just for this reason.. I prefer to manually do my updates...

This vile irritation is Killing my work and fun.. It makes the computer feel like it's shit... It's got to the point I'll have to uninstall F-Prot, just to get my computer back...

In this case, F-Prot's auto-updater virus is ten times worse than any trojan or bug... It's like a turd that just won't flush... like an invisible blood thirsty mosquito that just won't quit...

Does anybody out there know how to totally destroy F-Prot's auto-updater, without harming the AVS of it..?

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds