Image resize ???

Discussion in 'Software' started by greybuffalo, May 12, 2013.

1. greybuffalo

greybuffalo Staff Sergeant

Attached Files:

2. dyamond

dyamond Imelda Marcos of Majorgeeks

3. cabbiinc

cabbiinc Staff Sergeant

The problem that you're seeing is that your image is not the same ratio as 16x20 or 20x30. So to print it you'd need to crop the top and bottom. To get around that you'd open the file in an image editing program and add a white border around the entire image. Be generous and add 3 or 4 inches. Then when you go to print you can crop that border, leaving some border on all 4 sides to make it look symetrical. You could even go so far as to add a caption or a title like what this person did http://i44.servimg.com/u/f44/12/24/00/66/1210.jpg

4. greybuffalo

No,
    I have no intention of doing it my self,except,I have frames for these and would like the whole print to fit in the frame without having to receive then after ordering and paying finding out,its actually not the right exact size

5. greybuffalo

PHP:
    not the same ratio as 16x20 or 20x30
    how would I recognize what the right ratio for these two sizes where,if I found an image that was already in that ratio?

6. Rikky

Rikky Wile E. Coyote - One of a kind

If you divide to big number by the smaller number you'll get a ration e.g 20/16= 1.6 which means the side is exactly 1.6 time bigger than the side. Any pictures that aren't 1.6 won't fit.

The other way to do it is to divide the size of the internal picture frame by the size of the picture, if you don't get a whole number it won't fit.

Buy standard/legal/official sizes.

7. greybuffalo

Laying out all my images on one A0 sheet

I have a stack of unusual size frames and want to layout all the different size images on a single sheet of paper A0 size.
    How can I do this..please,which program could I use?

8. Rikky

Rikky Wile E. Coyote - One of a kind

Sorry I meant 20/16 = 1.25 anyway.

You can use any program PAINT comes to mind and use the simple resize feature.

You will have to measure each frame and work out it's aspect ratio first and then group them in labelled piles, once you have that you can select images with that aspect ratio, alternatively crop 'cut the edges off' to make them that aspect ratio.

Then resize them to fit you frames.

I don't know of simpler way to do it, if you try to resize images to fit a frame with an aspect ratio that's different you will stretch or skew which will ruin them.

9. greybuffalo

O.K thanx for that.
    I will ask someone on fiver to do it.:wave

10. cabbiinc

cabbiinc Staff Sergeant

Why not ask the person that actually owns the image if you can buy a print?

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds