Image sofware nolonger works

Discussion in 'Software' started by Perry smith, Jul 18, 2012.

1. Perry smith

Perry smith Private E-2

I used XXclone several years ago and it worked fine. Now the only time it will boot is in test mode. Tried updating the software to no avail.
    Now the boot.int file requires me to select an OS, would like to remove it.

Has a windows "security update" blocked the boot up feature?
    I am not so sure their "security" has my best interest in mind.

2. cipher

cipher Major Geek Extraordinaire

What OS are you using? Are you asking how to edit the boot.ini file in XP for example? If so, it is a text file you can edit. XP Pro users can also do this from the cmd line by invoking bootcfg.exe

try bootcfg.exe /parameter to see the switches you can use...

3. Perry smith

Perry smith Private E-2

Appreciate the response Cipher. The file was on the C: drive, figured it might be stashed somewhere. Just stuck it in the recycle bin, problem solved.

Yes, Xp pro. It seems the "make bootable" function is not working properly. Using thinkpads w/ proper COA and want to use an OS that has the drivers and special features for TP.

I read a book on cryptography long time ago, will have to cipher you're script;)
    Kind regards.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds