Images not displaying and websites randomly rerouted

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by dpz700, Feb 3, 2008.

1. dpz700

dpz700 Private E-2

Hello all,

This problem I am having is different from the Red X problem.
    The issue is as follows:

When I visit a webpage that links to images from any imagehosting site, such as tinypic, imageshack, photobucket etc, the image will either display as a red X or as a logo from the relevant imagehosting site that reads "This image was not found on our server" or somesuch.
    However, the images display just fine for others, and I can see all images that I have posted fine all the time (if I can connect to the hoster to upload in the first place, which also not always works)

The problem that I believe is linked to this, is that upon entering an address into the address bar of any webbrowser (IE and FF), I sometimes get randomly rerouted to another page. Say I enter www.majorgeeks.com/Something, I would get rerouted to a page such as www.bbc.co.uk/Something or www.microsoft.com/Something. This persists for several hours or until I reset my router.

Now, this may sound like an issue with the router, but it is not because other computers on the network are not experiencing it. Also, after I reformatted a while ago, that problem disappeared completely and everything worked just fine. Then I had my hard drive replaced and reformatted and installed all the same updates and patches, but this time around I have the problem again.

I am not sure what kind of other information would be useful for someone to help me find what is causing this issue, but here is what I know. Please let me know if you requrie further information!

Dell Inspiron 9400
    Intel Core Duo T7400 @2.16GHz
    2GB SD DDR 433 MHz RAM
    256MB NVidia GeForce Go 7900 GS
    160GB SATA Fujitsu MHY2160BH
    Windows XP Pro MCE 2005
    IE6 and FF 2.0.1.1

Thanks very much!

2. tryfuhl

tryfuhl Private E-2

Chances are you're having the same issue that I was. The fix is really a lot simpler than it seems.

START > RUN > type 'CMD' without the quotes > hit ENTER
    "ms-dos" window will come up

type in ipconfig /release and then hit enter
    your ip's will release
    type ipconfig /renew and hit enter again

should work for you now

3. dpz700

dpz700 Private E-2

Hi tryfuhl,

Thanks for your reply and suggestion.
    I tried it as you wrote and emptied the cache of IE and FF afterwards, but the problem remained. I then rebooted, but after reboot it still did not work...

Would you have any other suggestions?
    I should also note that my connection is a Intel(R) PRO/Wireless 3945ABG Network Connection card.
    The driver is the newest Dell provides for it (11.5.0.32, revision A13 from September 2007)

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds