IMMEDIATE HEEEELP: NTLDR is missing ! ?

Discussion in 'Software' started by Maggie_61, Dec 18, 2005.

1. Maggie_61

Maggie_61 Private First Class

For what happened with my PC please SEE ALL MY OTHER POSTS ! mkalomvo

Now I have a problem I had the other days again...

NTLDR IS MISSING
    PRESS CTRL + ALT + DEL TO RESTART.

My PC is IBM and they dont give me a WINDOWS CD !!!! MY WINDOWS ARE XP AND ORIGINAL....

In Microsoft's page http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;320397 says I have to create a boot disk and then I have to have the WIN CD !

Can I do something without it ? They say I have to pay to get a file "bcupdate.exe" and I found it here in a ...FRENCH site for free...
    http://www.autourdupc.com/index.php?sPage=/Logiciel/NT4/DrvToolsNT.htm

PLEASE CAN I DO SOMETHING NOWWWW TO SAVE MY CD WITHOUT THE WINDOWS XP CD ?

HEEEEEELPPPPPPPPPP !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2. Maggie_61

After that message and if I CTRL+ALT+DEL my PC wont restart !

Also, the WINDOWS HELP DOESNT WORK ....

PLEASE HELP ME AS SOON AS YOU CAN !!!!

Thanks to all of you out there ..... I am lost .....
    :rolleyes:

3. Shadow_Puter_Dude

Shadow_Puter_Dude MG Authorized Malware Fighter

How to repair NTLDR Missing

Please print out these instructions so that you can operate with All Browser Windows CLOSED.

1. Use the Windows XP CD-ROM to restart the computer.

2. At the Welcome to Setup screen, press R to repair the Windows XP installation.

3. Press C to repair the Windows XP installation by using the Recovery Console.

4. Type the number that corresponds to the Windows installation that you want to repair, and then press ENTER. For example, type 1, and then press ENTER.

5. Type the Administrator password, and then press ENTER.

6. Type map, and then press ENTER. Note the drive letter that is assigned to the CD-ROM drive that contains the Windows XP CD-ROM.

7. Type the following commands, pressing ENTER after you type each one, where drive is the drive letter of the drive from step 6:

copy drive:\i386\ntldr c:\
    copy drive:\i386\ntdetect.com c:\

If you are prompted to overwrite the file, type y, and then press ENTER.

NOTE: In these commands, there is a space between the ntldr and c:\, and between ntdetect.com and c:\.

8. Type the following command, and then press ENTER:
    type c:\Boot.ini

A list similar to the following list appears:
    [boot loader]
    timeout=30
    default=multi(0)disk(0)rdisk(0)partition(1)\WINDOWS

[operating systems]
    multi(0)disk(0)rdisk(0)partition(1)\WINDOWS="Microsoft Windows XP Professional" /fastdetect

If you receive the following message, the Boot.ini file may be missing or damaged:
    The system cannot find the file or directory specified.

9. If the Boot.ini file is missing or damaged, create a new one. To do so, follow these steps:

a. Use a text editor, such as Notepad or Edit.com, to create a boot loader file similar to the following boot loader file:
    [boot loader]
    timeout=30
    default=multi(0)disk(0)rdisk(0)partition(1)\WINDOWS
    [operating systems]
    multi(0)disk(0)rdisk(0)partition(1)\WINDOWS="Microsoft Windows XP Professional" /fastdetect

b. Save the file to a floppy disk as Boot.ini.

c. Type the following command at the Recovery Console command prompt to copy the Boot.ini file from the floppy disk to the computer:

NOTE: If you used Notepad to create the file, make sure that the .txt extension is not appended to the Boot.ini file name.

copy a:\Boot.ini c:\

10. Type exit, and then press ENTER. The computer restarts.

4. Maggie_61

:rolleyes: I dont have a WINDOWS XP CD I say. IBM does not provide one...

IBM has RESTORE features incorporated but I am afraid to use them... They are included in my PC, and AUTOMATED SOLUTIONS too...

I dont know what to do...

5. Shadow_Puter_Dude

Shadow_Puter_Dude MG Authorized Malware Fighter

Read the documentation that came with your computer. You can still boot to the Recovery Console without the CD. IBM didn't provide CDs because there is a hidden partition on the HDD. The documentation will tell you how to boot to the Recovery Console. Follow the instructions once your are in the Recovery Console.

6. Maggie_61

Thanks. I was doing that now... we'll see....

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds