Importing Favorites

Discussion in 'Software' started by MsApril, Jun 29, 2006.

1. MsApril

MsApril Private E-2

Is there a way to import my favorites from Internet Explorer to FireFox? I am switching to FF and I have a lot of favorites in IE that I want to keep...I didn't want to have put them in Mozilla one by one so if anyone can help it would be great!

Also, I was wondering what the upside to running FF over IE is? I am switching because it was suggested in the Protect yourself from Malware sticky, and I DEFINATELY want to protect myself from malware :eek: lol. I was just curious how it protects you.

Thanks,
    April

2. Greeknasty

Greeknasty Private First Class

mporting Bookmarks from Internet Explorer:

1. Open Internet Explorer.
    2. Choose File->Import and Export...
    3. A wizard pops up. Press next->Export Favorites->next->next.
    4. Choose "export to a File or Address"->Press Browse and choose "Desktop"->Save->Next->Finish->Ok.
    5. Open Firefox.
    6. Choose Bookmarks->Manage Bookmarks...->File->Import->find bookmark.html
    7. Ready!

3. Greeknasty

Greeknasty Private First Class

im sure everyone has their opinions but i tinnk FF is much faster and safer...thats just me though

4. MsApril

MsApril Private E-2

Thank you for the info. Yeah...I've just started FF but I really like it thus far.

5. Just Playin

Just Playin MajorGeek

In the top menu bar, click where it says 'File'. In that menu that drops down, go down 2/3 of the way and click on 'Import'. This will open a window allowing you to import all your IE favorites into the Firefox Bookmarks folder.

Link

6. infoseeker

infoseeker Master Sergeant

Yes in that case ill agree with you

But, does the "ctrl c = ctrl v" bugs in FF fix already?

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds