Impossible problem re DirectPlay

Discussion in 'Software' started by planetstud, May 7, 2006.

1. planetstud

planetstud Private E-2

Okay guys, after googling for a few hours, ive decided to ask for some help pleaaase before i kill myself.

Just bought a Microphone (Trust MC-1300) no cd no drivers on site. I have latest Direct X. My comp has all latest XP patches etc. But it doesnt recognise the mic, and under Test Hardware (control panel - audio) the following error appears:

An error occurred during direct play voice setup. The error code is 0x80004005

ANY solution pleeease?

2. Matacumbie

Matacumbie Rocky Top

When you get The error code is 0x80004005 is there an OK button? If so, click on it and see if you get any other info.

See if the second part of the error is Windows Error: Windows cannot execute Dpvsetup.exe. Use Add/Remove Programs Control Panel to install.

The article in the link below sounds like the issues you are having and suggest a possible fix. If all looks good to you and you are getting these exact error messages you can try the steps they outline. Just be sure you take the proper precautions before you make any changes to the registry.

http://www.smartcomputing.com/edito...es/2004/s1506/38s06/38s06.asp&articleid=20265

Steve

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds