improper system CPU speed??

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by jenefer, Feb 8, 2006.

1. jenefer

jenefer Private E-2

Hello to all!
    Heres what happened and I hope someone could shed some light for me....
    While backing up a DVD (using the same method Ive used countless times) my pc shut down. For several minutes it just went black but all the lights were on and I could hear it running; Then it rebooted itself in safe mode and told me to insert my windows disc. Since I have no idea where it is, I pressed ESC and it rebooted itself again. THIS time I was it told me:

During the last system boot up your system hung for improper CPU speed settings. System is now in safe mode. To optimize preformance and reliability make sure CPU speed conforms to the specifications of your CPU.

After reading this, I browsed around the screen for a bit, changing nothing, and preparing for the worst. I hit escape thinking I would be in safe mode, but it again rebooted. I was then asked which OS i wanted to use and since I have only one, I hit enter. Wala! Everything was fine! So my question is what the hell happened? I never changed my CPU speeds before or after it crashed, and I wasnt doing anything I havent done a million times before. (well not a milllion, but you get the jist)
    Any clues?
    Ive attached the Belarc Advisor results with this post. Hopefully.
    View attachment 30540
    Thanks in advance!!:)

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 9, 2006
  2. brownizs

brownizs MajorGeek

You know, I need a new key for my XP Home edition. Thanxs. When posting Belarc results, you need to remove anything that would be your Software keys, and you pretty much have not done that.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds