in WIN VISTA: LAN-connection lost after standby / hibernation - why???

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Help-is-needed-quickly, Dec 18, 2009.

1. Hi,
    I am having this problem that whenever my computer is connected to the inernet through a cable, it always looses the internet connection if it goes to standby or hibernation.

Then only a local connection can be established, and I have to do a repair diganostics of the connection. Which means that the connection disconnects and updates the IP i guess.

I dont have the problem when running wirelessly. It only appear on the cable.
    I recently formatted my harddrive so its not because of malware / virus etc. In fact it has been this way since I bought the machine 5 months ago.

I guess it could be a Win Vista issue, so maybe some kind of update exists?? I have tried looking at GOOGLE but haven't been able to find anything that seem to solve it.

Anyone have simliar issues, and know how to fix this?

PS: never experienced this on Win XP.

Thanks in advance

FACTS:
    I have a Sony Vaio laptop
    am running Windows Vista Business
    Service pack 2
    Intel 2.66 ghz
    4 GB ram
    32-bit op-system

Everyhting updated, so can't figure out what the reason is!!

2. Adrynalyne

Adrynalyne Guest

Check for LAN card driver updates is where I would start.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds