in win xp Pro where is windows picture viewer .exe ?

Discussion in 'Software' started by Jedis_Ghost, Dec 3, 2004.

1. Jedis_Ghost

Jedis_Ghost Private E-2

what folder is the .exe for windows picture and fax viewer in win XP Pro?

Thanks

2. Turcoloco

Turcoloco MajorGeek

I believe the PictureViewer you are referring to is a Windows add-on, see this link to make sure we are talking abou the same thing: http://www.bykeyword.com/downloads/software-6/download-6548.html
    If it is indeed what you were referring to it is a 3rd party Windows add-on and once it is installed it would be located at (default):
    \Program Files\Picture Studio .EXE Professional\PictureViewerEXE\pictureviewer.exe

Windows Fax is an optional utility, which could be installed through Add-Remove Programs section under Add/Remove Windows Components > Fax Services. Once installed would appear in Start\Programs\Accessories\Communication\Fax location Start > Run value being '%SystemRoot%\System32\FxsClnt.exe /new'.

Any utility or program you see a shotcut for on Desktop or on Start > Programs > ... list, simply right-click on the file name, then click on 'Properties' and view the 'Target' field for the applicable executable.

3. Jedis_Ghost

Jedis_Ghost Private E-2

No thats not the program. I just reloaded Window XP Pro and have not downloaded or installed any other programs. Although, the picture of that program looks very similar to the windows program I am talking about.

I hope you see this and can help.

Thanks for the effort

Jedi

4. Turcoloco

Turcoloco MajorGeek

Yes you are right, the Windows add-on was nicely integrated and there is no executable for that but here is a tip:

To enable WindowsXP picture viewer: START > RUN > regsvr32 shimgvw.dll

To disable it: START > RUN > regsvr32 /u shimgvw.dll

Hope this helps.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds