Increasing icon size/Zoom in for WinXP list view

Discussion in 'Software' started by SCy2j, Aug 18, 2012.

1. SCy2j

SCy2j Private E-2

Hi, I just got a new 23 inch monitor to replace my old 17 inch. For years I've been using WinXP at 800X600 and have grown accustomed to the large sizes of the icons.

My problem is that I use Detail and mainly List View in my folders and the icons are just too small. I don't want to use Tile, Icon or any other view.

I managed to make the icons on my desktop larger with Properties > Appearance > Advanced Appearance.
    And Firefox has View > Zoom > Zoom in.

But I still haven't found a way for icons in List View.
    Any help is appreciated.

2. plodr

plodr Major Geek Super Extraordinaire

3. mjnc

mjnc MajorGeek

You can Increase the DPI setting.

Control Panel > Display > Settings tab > Advanced button (lower right)

The Normal DPI setting is 96.
    You can try 120, but if that is Too Big, you can try a Custom setting something like 110%.

4. SCy2j

SCy2j Private E-2

Thanks for the suggestions guys, I tried the DPI settings and I'm satisfied with it.

5. plodr

plodr Major Geek Super Extraordinaire

Today's lesson - the DPI will change icon size in listview!

6. mjnc

mjnc MajorGeek

HA !! roflmao I know You know it does not. LOL

It changes everything.

Since SCy2j was accustomed to 800 x 600 on a 17 inch screen, I thought that would be OK on a 23 inch LCD at much higher resolution.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds