Increasing PC Speed

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by skindog, Jul 6, 2009.

1. skindog

skindog Private E-2

Hello there,

First of all i hope i have posted this in the right place, last thing i wanna do is piss people off!

Anyway i have a stack by Acer i have ddr ram in it around 500 or so but someone has told me if i increase this to 1g or even 2g this will increase the speed of my pc, is this true? ...or can you advise any other methods of increasing speed, other than debugging and throwing it in the skip and buying a new one, which sadly i cant afford! ugh!

any help would be appreciated

skindog

2. dlb

dlb MajorGeek

Windows XP runs best with 1gb - 2gb of memory, of course more is OK too. ;) Upgrading your memory is one of the most cost effective ways to boost PC performance. You should also perform regular system maintenance. Read this guide on system maintenance, and check out the info at this link to learn about streamlining your XP services to boost performance.
    :cool

[dlb]

3. Dacads

Dacads Corporal

Hello,

first of all go to www.crucial.com, this website will scan your computer and tell you how much RAM you currently have installed and what upgrades can be made.

Secondly download everest http://majorgeeks.com/download.php?det=4181, it is diagnostic software which will tell you everything about your PC's hardware. So d/l this and post report here so we can tell you if you upgrade your CPU/Processor.

Oh and thirdly uninstall any programs you don't use and do disk defragment etc :p

Dacads

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds