IncrediMail observation

Discussion in 'Software' started by Coffee Guy, Aug 8, 2010.

1. Coffee Guy

Coffee Guy Private E-2

Hi. Just a note about IncrediMal. Had them for seven years with no problems. Wanted to try another emailer. Didn't like IncrediMail 2. Too "childish" looking for this ole guy. Could go back to the one I was using, but wanted to give someone else a try. Got Revo to uninstall IncrediMail. What surprised me was that there were well over 500 entries in different places. Where Thunderbird had 70 (?). Maybe that's why "they " say IncrediMail is no good. Like I said. Just an observation.

2. DavidGP

DavidGP MajorGeeks Forum Administrator - Grand Pooh-Bah Staff Member

Hi

So what email client are you using now? and what do you think of it?

I never subscribed to the Incredimail thing as I just didint like the as you say "childish" look of it, while it is for some folk, personally its not for me and I prefer Thunderbird/Lightening or more so I use Outlook and Windows Live Mail as my main clients.

3. Coffee Guy

Coffee Guy Private E-2

Hi Halo. Did like IncrediMail alot. Liked the idea of being able to right click a picture, animation, clip art, and have in a style box, so I could send it in my emails. Kind of big on sending emails with "stuff" Makes this ole guy feel younger. Right now I'm using Outlook Express. A few more clicks and I can do the same as with IncrediMail. Didn't see Lightning before. Will check that one. Might even go back to IncrediMail 5.8 Can't rightly see why people say IncrediMail is no good. Doesn't show up on Malwarebytes, or any virus program. Can you tell me why IncrediMail is not good to have. Like I said, had it for 7 years with no problems. Oh well, time to get outside. Nice day down here in mid Florida (west coast ) Thanks -- Frank

4. DavidGP

Hi

For me basically it was more that I didnt need or want to add funky pics and animations to any email, its not that the app is bad as its not, it is just not for some people and is for others. I agree with you many say its a bad app, where bad is used in wrong context, as you rightly say its not malware.

All I need a a quick simple email app, Outlook 2010, Windows Live Mail or Thunderbird/Lightening is great for me, may not be for other users, but we choose whats best for us.

Only thing that I have noticed over the years in what is "bad" with Incredimail is that it can be a pita to remove fully especially if not working correctly.

Lightening is HERE it basically adds a calendar to Thunderbird so that you get as near as damnit Outlook.

5. Coffee Guy

Coffee Guy Private E-2

Hi again. Looked at Thunderbird.. Looks so much like Outlook Express, that I thought why take 34 mb's away from the disc. Outlook came with windows anyway. Really, how different can Email clients get anyway. All do the same. Just that , like I said, was nice to right click and have the picture next to my email if I wanted to put it in the mail in IncrediMail. Well -- Outlook for a while. My pick of the month. Take care

6. usafveteran

usafveteran MajorGeek

Outlook does not come with Windows. Outlook Express came with Windows XP, which you are apparently running. Outlook is part of MS Office and is not free. Outlook and Outlook Express ... they are not the same thing.

Last edited: Aug 8, 2010
  7. DavidGP

Hi

I agree with you in that most just do the same job, in sending and recieving email, simple!

Rationale behind my choices are Outlook 2010 is mainly for work stuff as I can sync with work email box and home together so both mirror each other, mainly for the calendar, Windows Live Mail, that allows me, multiple email addresses in one package (I have 7 email addresses I use for various things) and one main thing that some dont do in that I use newsgroups alot, mainly for Microsoft beta groups and a private group at Microsoft, this in one package is very useful.

Also with Windows 7 you do not get an email application as default now, Outlook Express is finished, only main ones from Microsoft are addons in Windows Live Mail and Outlook (as part of Office).

8. Coffee Guy

Coffee Guy Private E-2

Hello USAAFVETERAN. Thanks for your "observation" on my mistake. Need to remember if there are two that start with the same word, to make the distinction of which one I'm talking about.. Thanks

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds