Index.Dat Suite or other INternet History Puller

Discussion in 'Software' started by djm1k0, Sep 10, 2013.

1. djm1k0

djm1k0 Private E-2

Hey all... questions for you:

I have been searching high and low and i may have found what i need but of course it's not 100% what I'm looking for. I work IT for a large company, and at least once a week i get a request to pull a certain users internet history... In the past I've used Index.dat analyzer but it just wasn't providing the info i was looking for and in an easy manner.

Here's my work flow, i would browse to a users computer with the run command (behind the scenes)
    browse to lets say \\computername\c$\Documents and Settings\Username search for and find the dat files, then copy them to my computer and then import them to Index.dat analyzer.... however i wasn't happy the whole process of obtaining the .dat files and with the export of the report it wasn't easily understood by non IT personnel.

Today i stumbled onto Index.Dat Suite which is awesome because it allows me to point right to the path of that machine and that username directly and pull the .dats that way.. that's awesome !!

in any case once it finds the .dat files... i then select one, view file contents, using internal viewer.... all the data is there again awesome...

now the problem,

# 1 there are no dates and times of when those sites were accessed by the given user.

#2 How can i export a nice report, perhaps into excel or anything that could be easily understood by a non-technical person.

Now if this is not a good software to do what i need to do can anyone throw out some other suggestions..

Your help is greatly appreciated and i thank you in advance.

2. djm1k0

djm1k0 Private E-2

Bump Anyone ?

3. Ken3

Ken3 MajorGeek

Last edited: Sep 11, 2013
  4. djm1k0

djm1k0 Private E-2

My apologies, understood... thanks :cool

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds