Indications that my system is overheating (besides it just being hot)

Discussion in 'Software' started by Wizry11, Dec 9, 2004.

1. Wizry11

Wizry11 Private First Class

what can i look for to see if this is the problem? my fan is always on and the comp is really hot and is freezing alot . . . could it be overheating?? what can i do to cool it? - computer is below and less than a week old . . . jeez love it

2. goldfish

goldfish Lt. Sushi.DC

Get Prime95 : http://www.mersenne.org/freesoft.htm

Run the "stress test" on it for a while, if it fails your machine is unstable. If your PC crashes, its definatly unstable :p

The fan should always be on, really, or it would overheat. Is this the laptop in your sig?

3. Farbib

Farbib Corporal

Disclaimer: I've never done this, but others have with success and it seems logical. Remove one side of the case, and get a fan to blow cold air into the exposed side of the case. If the computer suddenly runs more stable, that would point to an overheating issue.

4. augiedoggie

augiedoggie The Canadian Loon - LocoAugie (R.I.P. 2012)

I wouldn't touch it since it's a only week old, warranties and all. Do what goldfish suggested or monitor your temps with Motherboard Monitor and post them here.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds