Info Stolen?

Discussion in 'Software' started by Marlboro, Mar 8, 2012.

1. Marlboro

Marlboro Private E-2

Hi All,

Recently had a credit card hacked. Gladly this was found quickly and sorted.

However I'm now getting lots of messages regarding resetting passwords for user accounts I hold. For instance Skype, Bluecoat etc.

I assume my PC has been compremised.

Use Malware bytes and AVG Free and scan on a regular basis. No problems found.

Am I missing something.

Would appreciate any help.

Regards
    Brian

2. kipfeet

kipfeet Corporal

Marlboro,

Your assumption is probably correct. I suggest you head over to the Malware-Removal Forum and read the READ and RUN ME Sticky and post the logs requested in the Sticky to that forum.

FYI, whenever you think your system may be compromised, do nothing on it that requires a password until the malware has been removed. If you need to change passwords for whatever reason, do it from another computer, preferably from one that is hard wired and known to be clean.

Good luck.

3. _nullptr

_nullptr Major Geeky Geek Geek

Are these messages coming directly from Skype and Bluecoat, or spoofed addresses so as to steal your logon/account credentials?

To be certain that your PC is no longer compromised, I recommend you to complete the READ & RUN ME FIRST and post all required logs in the Malware removal forum.
    If there are any further issues, then we'll deal with them once you get the green light from malware forum.

**beaten to the punch by kipfeet :)

4. Marlboro

Marlboro Private E-2

Thanks guys followed the advice and also binned net accounts I no longer use.

Cheers
    Brian

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds