Information collected by websites

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by xi.xi, May 3, 2013.

1. xi.xi

xi.xi Private E-2

Hi,

-Someone just said he could tell when and where a fb account was created from device/hardware id. Is this possible? If yes, how?

-He also said he could tell all the fb accounts created from a certain device/machine. Is this possible? If yes, how?

-How can i find out what information can a fb page collect if it doesn't share its privacy policy? How is it collected?

-How can i find out what information can a website collect if it doesn't share its privacy policy? How is it collected?

-A few days ago my browser notified me that a certain website is trying to do something (canvas something... i forgot the exact term and wording). I often navigate that website but that was the first time i got such a message (haven't changed any settings). What could that be?

-How can i prevent websites and fb pages from collecting information about me? How can i be completely anonymous to a website/fb page every time i navigate it?

Thanks.

2. Major Attitude

Major Attitude Co-Owner MajorGeeks.Com Staff Member

A lot of these questions can't be answered because I don't know. However most browsers (you didnt tell me which) have a "tell websites I don't want to be tracked" option that will help however keep in mind privacy is all but dead essentially. If your records are requested, then many companies have to give up your information. You could try using a proxy but they are very slow and no guarantee that you still can't be tracked. One trick to being anonymous is erased once you login to a site like Facebook. You can't truly log in to a website and be anonymous.

For example, for you to post this I can get your IP address and figure out roughly where you are.

Some of your other questions are too vague and lacking detail to answer, sorry.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds