Inquiry about a program...

Discussion in 'Software' started by Outlawstar15a2, Nov 12, 2007.

1. Outlawstar15a2

Outlawstar15a2 Corporal

Hello, it's me again. However I don't have any problems just doing a inquiry about a program for a friend of mine. I recently directed a friend of mine to download Vista compatible versions of Zone Alarm and Avast. I did so because they didn't know of any good programs and both of which I've used with first hand experience so I can verify they work. Anyway I asked her what she was using as a anti virus program, as she made mention she downloaded one. And she said she was using, super antivirus free edtion... I was wondering if anybody was familar with this program. Is it malware in disguise? And if so where is it from.

2. dlb

dlb MajorGeek

Never heard of it. I did a Yahoo search and got nothing. Are you sure it's not called "SUPER AntiSpyware Free Edition"? If this is what it is, then it's OK. I use it all the time for spyware removal. The free version doesn't offer much in the way of active, real-time protection; the paid version does though....

3. Outlawstar15a2

Outlawstar15a2 Corporal

Thats the name she used. But it's possible thats the name. Ok, as long as it checks out ok. thank you.

4. ItsWendy

ItsWendy MajorGeek

Sounds like this could be AVG Free, which is a respectable virus scanner. Not sure if it works with Vista though.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds