Inspiron 1100 with a Nvidia GeForce FX5200

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Sucrose, Oct 13, 2005.

1. Sucrose

Sucrose Private E-2

I just bought a Nvidia GeForce FX5200 video card for my Dell Inspiron 1100. Whenever I install the new GeForce card into my laptop and restart it, the screen stays black or says No Input. I was told that I had to disable or uninstall my current display drivers and install the Nvidia drivers but when I try to install them it says that it can't find any Nvidia hardware in my laptop. This is true because I have to use my old video card to see anything... is there any way to fix this? I don't want to regret spending $130 on this thang.

2. Unexperiencedn00b

Unexperiencedn00b Private First Class

Well I might be mistaking, and for your sake I hope I am...it looks like the 1100 was the budget series, and well...your stuck with your integrated graphics card...infact...the only way to change it out, would be to buy a new motherboard for your 1100 and that would cost almost as much as a new LapTop...:( Someone else Tell me im wrong please...for his sake?

3. hugh750

hugh750 MajorGeek

A new motherboard is not always as expensive as a new laptop, you might be able to get one for around $100.

4. Wyatt_Earp

Wyatt_Earp MajorGeek

Yeah... Where exactly did you install this video card in your laptop????

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds