inspiron 1525 a16 problem.

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by MadHattr, Feb 12, 2015.

1. MadHattr

MadHattr Private E-2

ey guys. My particular problem I'm having seems to elude remedy despite the abundance of other content that, at best. Concerns the same exact machine machine. Down to driver version and more. But never touching on my particular problem. At least none with a applicable solution to situation.

If I may. I'd like to reference here an exert from a thread that simply well just save me time and effort conveyancing this rather extensive. .

And it read,

I have a Dell inspiron 1525 laptop with Vista

BIOS Version/Date - Dell Inc. A16, 10/16/2008
    SMBIOS Version 2.4
    Intel Celeron CPU 550@2.00GHz, 1995Mhz, 1 Core(s), 1 Logical Processor
    elp. I will say that I love learning & if you put the techie terms in parentheses then I will be able to learn from that.

/B] depicting my machine preCisely except to add that the Sata HDD is a MediaMax wl250GLSA854

Within my experIence the machines symptoms first resembled that of a common over heating crash. The first 15 boot attempts barely would make it past the logo. And maybe a minute or two in the (F2) setup screen, Before complete shut down. After exploring several troubleshooting methods to rule out over heating safe guard. The machine for reasons that are beyond explanation. Improved run time significantly for the next 5 to 6 start ups. Making it to account login several times. But on account Login the crash occurred again. Consistently at this part of the boot. Sho. With my temporary extended time per start up ( temporary because right after this last boot I describ the extra time was no longer given) I managed one last time to account login screen. Start up begins and Crashes as before. But this time the start up recovery option was given enough time to show. After the diagnostic all test parameters passed except for a small file in the" bios. Continued and the system began reboot to test I'd it was able to repairitself. Needless to say it never made it past account login screen again (and even that screen was a miracle)

Yes yes.
    I've read all about updating bios. To replacing hdd. The problem I'm faced with that I can't seem to mAtch is that with the start up instability I'm unable to perform any suggested solutions. Most others that were similar Ethernet had install disks or some other factor making for differentials in the coalition's.
    Plus on a stroke of luck I managed to run the start up recovery one other time. Only making it a minute at best into it's tests. It's inconclusive but as I watched the entries pass by. It seemed to have failed when faced with the stress test. But had previously passed the first time.

No I can't get the diagnostic log. Not allotted enough time. Currently working on taking pics with my phone at the next chance a

2. DavidGP

DavidGP MajorGeeks Forum Administrator - Grand Pooh-Bah Staff Member

Hi

Has this laptop been dropped at all or knocked hard at some point in time?

About when did this start happening, last few days or weeks, months etc? and did the above question possibility happen before the issues started, did you install any new software or hardware before the boot issues started?

A few things I would try are:

1. Boot to BIOS and check the date and time are correct and in the boot order the HDD is listed
    2. If your confident in removing hardware I would reseat the RAM (take out and put back) just makes sure its seated firmly
    3. Take out the HDD and plug it into a Desktop PC as a secondary drive and run some tests on it like chkdsk /r this will see if your hard drive is failing or not.

If you have pics they would help us to see what you are seeing onscreen.

3. mdonah

mdonah Major Geek Extraordinaire

As DavidGP stated, make sure the date and time are correct. If they are not, the CMOS battery needs to be replaced. I suspect that since the laptop is a Vista machine, the battery has never been replaced and this could well be the cause of your issues.

Pull the main battery and see if there's a small access cover underneath it. The CMOS battery should be under it. It may be a plain button cell battery like a CR2032 or an encased button cell with a twin lead attached (like mine is).

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds