Inspiron 2650 LCD Issue PLEASE HELP

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by extremetrek, Aug 26, 2004.

1. extremetrek

extremetrek Private E-2

A friend of mine recently gave me an Dell Inspiron 2650 that he didn't think worked, I planned to use it for parts for my 2650 but before I did I decided to test a few things and realized that the computer itself does work. I decided it must've been a monitor issue so I plugged my working monitor into the broken computers Video card and the computer worked perfectly. On a hunch, I plugged in the broken monitor and viola it worked...so I turned the computer off and on again, and once again the broken monitor wouldn't work. For some reason I cannot start the computer with its monitor plugged in, however if I plug my monitor in, start the computer, and then switch the monitors, the computer works perfectly. Any ideas on how I can fix this issue??? I don't really understand the way the LCD interfaces with the video card, but my assumption is that the video card doesn't recognize the current LCD as a monitor on startup, for some reason. There is no visable damage, and no other issues besides the monitor. I would appreciate any help anyone can offer to me.

John C Ackerman
    BS Space Physics
    Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University- PR

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds