Inspiron 3700 woes

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by wcfr32, Aug 23, 2005.

1. wcfr32

wcfr32 Private E-2

Hi.

I recently aquired an Inspiron 3700 from a friend. When he gave it to me he told me that it would sometimes shutoff and not turn back on. Well i used it for about 5 hours or so the first day that i got it. Then, like a good ole Windows trick, it locked up. I pulled the power and the battery, because the switch would not shutoff the machine, and nothing. The power light and the keyboard LEDs come on and occasionally blink. I completely broke down the machine and put it all back to gather with no effect. Does anyone have any ideas? I have ordered a motherboard. I'm thinking that it could possibly be just the DC Power pack?

Thanks for you help.

Confused

Roy

2. Petaluma

Petaluma First Sergeant

Sounds like something is overheating and you are experiencing pc self presevation, it shuts down to keep from frying---lets see where to start --PS is a good one to start with(cheap) but I would look more towards the cpu fan or the sytem fan!!

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds