Inspiron 8600 No Power

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by nimzp, Oct 31, 2009.

1. nimzp

nimzp Private E-2

My daughter dropped the laptop and no I cannot get it to power up.
    I tried to turn on with the battery out and just the adapter plugged in to no avail. There are no lights on the laptop coming on at all, even while charging with the adapter. I have tried to remove the ram and reinsert, still nothing.
    I took the hard drive out to see if it was damaged, nothing to the eye.
    I am hoping it's nothing serious, the laptop is kinda old but has been working perfect till the drop. Just wondering if there is anything else I can try?

It landed on the top left corner on the bottom where the fan is and there is a little crack in the plastic, but other than that I see nothing physically broken.

Any help will be appreciated.
    Paul

2. pclover

pclover MajorGeek

That isn't good.

I'm thinking the motherboard inside could have cracked or something came loose inside if it won't turn it.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds