Install 2003 Office?

Discussion in 'Software' started by bryan95, May 17, 2007.

1. bryan95

bryan95 Private E-2

After I enter the product key it gives me an error message that says the installation source has been corrupted. Any suggestions on how to fix the problem and install office?

2. Adrynalyne

Adrynalyne Guest

Please state the exact error, word for word.

3. bryan95

bryan95 Private E-2

It says, Microsoft office setup cannot continue because the installation source has been corrupted.

4. Adrynalyne

Adrynalyne Guest

5. bryan95

bryan95 Private E-2

Thanks. The problem is I have explorer 7 and service pack 2. Any other suggestions?

6. Adrynalyne

Adrynalyne Guest

Check the Cd for damage, blemishes, smudges, etc.

7. DavidGP

DavidGP MajorGeeks Forum Administrator - Grand Pooh-Bah Staff Member

Hi

I would try sections of the advice Adryn gave you in his link to Microsoft as the likes of MSXML and Reregister the Msxml3.dll file, and also the workaround to the setup file command at the bottom on the link, possibly fixing IE7 could be a last resort.

also options on install issues are if you have antivirus, unhook from the internet and disable your antivirus application as some can interfear with install, especially if they have office plugins.

a workaround to this as well is to Clean Boot your PC, this then stops all non system applications from starting and can help install the application:

taken from a MSKB

also is this install of office off a CD or is it off network setup files for office?

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds