Install Manufacturer or Licensed OEM drivers?

Discussion in 'Software' started by philgates, May 13, 2005.

1. philgates

philgates Private E-2

I bought a new video card and it arrived today, but since this is the first time I've bought a card from an OEM (Gigabyte) instead of from the manufacturer (ATI) I'm not sure whether to install the latest drivers from Gigabyte's web site or the latest drivers from ATI's website (ATI's are of course newer).

Is there anything included in the Gigabyte drivers that would improve the performance of the card (that they built) over the direct-from-ATI drivers?

2. jamcgriff

jamcgriff Sergeant

You should be just fine installing the ati catalyst drivers from the ati and they can be found here. Just mahe sure you clean out any old video card drivers before you install the new ones. Some times they can be left over even when you remove them through add or remove in control panel. I use driver cleaner pro this is the link. Just go into safe mode uninstall old drivers then install driver cleaner and then select what drivers you want cleaned and then shutdown comp install new card and then the new drivers

http://www.majorgeeks.com/download3214.html

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds