Install operating system/vista

Discussion in 'Software' started by Rodwell, Sep 16, 2010.

1. Rodwell

Rodwell Private E-2

I used system restore disks to format hard drive and then reinstall vista. After the complete install and the last disk ejects I hit finish. when I do that it tells me windows could not complete the installation, to install on this computer restart the installation. I have done this three times with the same result. Thank you, Rodwell

2. est1984

est1984 Private E-2

Avoid Vista!

Install XP and then upgrade to Vista?

Try a different HD?

Minimum System requirements?

3. Rodwell

Rodwell Private E-2

Thank you for the reply. I think I will try a new hard drive, it's a lot cheaper
    than going to windows 7. Rodwell

4. mcsmc

mcsmc MajorGeek

Hi

Before you try a new hard drive, try completely formatting the drive using Killdisk (http://www.killdisk.com/).

You may have to try several different versions, as different versions work on different systems (I had to burn 3 CDs to get it to work on a laptop).

Also, do you have your Vista product key? If so, can you borrow an actual Vista installation disk from someone? That would be the best way to install.

5. Rodwell

Rodwell Private E-2

est1984, I formated the drive 5 times with the restore disks and the 5th time it finally worked. THANK YOU FOR YOUR HELP. RODWELL

6. Rodwell

Rodwell Private E-2

MCSMC, thank you for trying to help. I formated the drive 5 times and the 5th time it finally worked. I was beginning to think I didn't have the right restore disks. Rodwell

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds