Install power supply

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by durkinjt, Oct 30, 2011.

1. durkinjt

durkinjt Corporal

I am tring to install a 500W Power supply, replacing a 250W supply, all hookups fit perfectly, as does the unit, upon rebooting I get a message""Reboot and select proper device" and "Insert boot media in selected boot device and press any key". Never installed a PS ,have installed numerous other devices with not too many problems, followed all instructions, and here I am. Help!

2. Just Playin

Just Playin MajorGeek

Check all your connections, especially the ones for the hard drive. You may have accidentally dislodged it during your installation.

3. Tonyrush

Tonyrush Corporal

Follow this link http://www.computerhope.com/issues/ch000976.htm which will tell you how to access your "CMOS" aka SETUP menu. Follow the instructions to set the default settings. After these instructions are followed, and you have pressed "Save and Exit", your problem should be solved!

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds