Install win/me as a guest on a linux vmware host

Discussion in 'Software' started by GaryG, Feb 12, 2007.

1. GaryG

GaryG Private First Class

VMware server is installed on a suse 10.2 host. Im trying to install windows as a guest. I got fed up with the win/xp wanting to call home every time I change configuration; so I decided to install win/Me. but it wants an earlier windows cd to verify that I am entitled to the upgrade, the earlier cd is an upgrade for win/98 - and win/me cannot find on that what its looking for. the next earlier windows I have is win/95 and thats a floppy install.

I have been upgrading since windows 3.1 - I don't particularly want to go all the way back to 3.1, besides I no longer have a floppy drive.

There was a work around from win/95 to win/98 (it was a text file containing two lines ([setup] and ccp=0);

Is there something similar that will let me install win/me?

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds