Installation forbidden system policy or 1607 Unable to unstal

Discussion in 'Software' started by MAXJEREM, Jul 13, 2012.

1. MAXJEREM

MAXJEREM Private E-2

Hello,

First time for me here and hope I will find answers and support to my problems.
    I use a laptop running under XP PR SP3, this one connected into a local network with others Workstations XP we do not have Domain name architecture.
    Since several weeks, I cannot install any MSI programs. I received The installaition has been forbidden by your administrator system, I am the administrator so I cannot understand.
    I run under several Users definied and all have administrators rights.
    Hope you can help and thanks in advance.

2. tgell

tgell Major Geek Extraordinaire

3. MAXJEREM

MAXJEREM Private E-2

hello,

Thanks for your answer.
    let me ask you how and where can I verify that Windows installer service is not disabled ??

Thanks in advance

4. tgell

Right click Computer>Manage>Services and Applications>Services. Look for the Windows Installer service. Should be set to Manual. Then check Remote Procedure Call. Should be set to Automatic and Started.

5. MAXJEREM

MAXJEREM Private E-2

Hello,

The service WIndows Installer is set to manual and RPC is set to automatic and started.
    I saw the both links you mentionned from Microsoft site, I followed the procedure step by step, I have also renamed the MSI stuff and installed the new version 4.1, but I have still problems installating MSI software.
    Also, I get message 1607:Unable to install InstallShield Scripting runtime, so both erros I got.
    I geting crazy and my problem become urgent now.

Thanks in advance for your help.

6. plodr

plodr Major Geek Super Extraordinaire

7. MAXJEREM

MAXJEREM Private E-2

hello,

Still same problem. After reboot new trail on .MSI soft and same message Strategy was forbidden or I have also The administrator system configured the policy of your system to forbid this installation.

Thanks again

8. tgell

Did you try D7 to re-register the installer?

Edit: I see that plodr's link shows how to register the installer. You might want to try D7 it rewrite the msiserver regkey.

Last edited: Jul 16, 2012
  9. MAXJEREM

MAXJEREM Private E-2

Hi,

Yes I did D7 repair and got Repair 1 OK. I have also tried to do:
    MSIEXEC.EXE /REGSERVER.

I do not understand where I ahve the problem.
    I have exected:
    Malwarebytes, Sublinacl, combofix and some others tools but no modifications.

Thanks

10. tgell

Use D7 to "Repair Permissions" under Misc and see if that works.

11. MAXJEREM

MAXJEREM Private E-2

Hi,

Done but no modificaiton. Please note that I have separated my problems in order to check the problem.
    1) I took a software.msi and now I succeed to install it.
    2) I took the second "soft.msi" but this one make an extract to local settings/temp/folder1.
    In that folder1 I find some .INI files, ISSCRIPT1050.msi and the soft.msi.
    In that case it failed by the message forbidden.

Hope I am clear in my explanations.

Thanks

12. tgell

I have run out of ideas on how to correct the problem, sorry. I have only found one other thing and if this does not work the only thing I can suggest is to go to the Malware Removal Forum and post your logs. It's possible some kind of malware is causing your problem but I doubt it.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds