Installation of Radeon HD 4670 Video Card Causes XRaider 7.1 Sound Card Driver Issue

Discussion in 'Software' started by Essex, Dec 23, 2009.

1. Essex

Essex Private E-2

Hi all,

I've attached a full Everest report and I will list my specs then go into the details of my situation

Make: Acer.
    Model: M5100.
    Processor: AMD Phenom(tm) 9500 Quad Core Processor 2.2 GHz
    Ram: 4.00 GB

My problems started about a week ago when I came to my computer in the morning and found that the screen was crackling and fuzzy. I eventually found out I was having nlvddmkm.sys issues. The games I normally like to play wouldn't work at all. I tried a bunch of workarounds and the only one that worked was underclocking my Video Card using EVGA Precision Utility. This was only partially successful and I was still having issues with graphics glitches. So I bought a new Video Card: Radeon HD 4670.

Before installing it I started my computer in safe mode and used both CC Cleaner and Driver Sweeper to remove old graphics drivers.

When I started up the computer and ran the setup program from the CD to install drivers everything seemed to be good and my graphics were fine but... I had no sound.

This morning I was able to get sound but... only from my onboard Realtek Sound. My recently purchased X-Raider 7.1 Sound Card was showing in the Device Manager but when I tried to run it's setup to install correct drivers I kept getting a message telling me to the device was not plugged in.

Attempts to solve the issue:

I've got the most recent drivers for the Sound Card and the Video Card but I couldn't find drivers for my Motherboard or an update to BIOS. I've tried restarting in safe mode and removing all sound related devices and drivers but if anything this made things worse as right now I have no sound when before I at least had bad sound. I've tried the sound card in both available PCI slots and it makes no difference.

Right now in Control Panel under Sound, video and game controllers I have an ATI High Definition Audio Device listed and while I'm guessing this is related to the new Video Card I'm not sure.

Under Other Devices I have 2 items listed that have yellow !
    Audio Device on High Definition Audio Bus and Multimedia Audio Controller. Neither appear to have drivers but neither will let me install drivers.

Well there is my situation and I hope someone can help me out.

Merry Christmas

Attached Files:

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds