Installation/Video Problems

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Crazed, May 10, 2007.

1. Crazed

Crazed Private E-2

When ever I attempt to install C&C 3 the nvidia drivers windows pops up and attempts to update my drivers, which are already up to date, the setup then tells me it does not recognize my graphics card and it automatically exits setup completley, not allowing me to install the game.

This has happened before with Black and White 2 but I'm upset I keep waisting money on games I can't play.

I have a geforce go 6800 on an alienware m7700.

When I was looking to replace the video card to avoid this problem, I went to use Crucial's video card scanner and it doesn't recognize my setup either and can't tell me what kind of card I could upgrade to.

I went to the nvidia website to check their drivers because mine are from alienware but my graphics card isnt even on the list.

Can anyone help me out?

PS- if you need anymore information just let me know.

2. Yargwel

Yargwel MajorGeek

3. Crazed

Crazed Private E-2

Thanks for the help, still not letting me install.

Does anyone have any general troubleshooting info as to why my hardware config is somehow unidentifiable by the nividia software?

4. baklogic

baklogic The Tinkerer

If you uninstall the driver from alienware, (right click, My Computer , properties, graphics card, driver, uninstall driver) and reboot, Windows will install a driver - then try Yargwel,s link.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds