Installed new mobo into Emachine...now what?

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Jess1rph, Apr 12, 2007.

1. Jess1rph

Jess1rph Private E-2

I installed a new mobo and power supply unit into an Emachine since the old components died. The new mobo is a pcchips m963gv. Everything is in place, but when I turn it on, nothing appears on the monitor. I have this Emachine (which is not mine) next to my computer and am swaping the monitor back and forth to test, so I know the monitor is fine. The fans are running and so is the floppy drive. There are no beeps sounding from the mobo. Should I reformat the hard drive before trying to start it back up? Is the reason the screen is blank because I have the old mobo drivers on the hard drive still? The first time I turned on the computer after replacing the mobo, it showed a logo and said push del to enter bios or something of the sort. However, I had a wireless keyboard in front of me, and remember from past experiences that I cannot get into the bios for the first time with the wireless system. Now I get a blank screen when I turn it on. The monitor just goes to sleep. Can anyone please help???

2. Jess1rph

Jess1rph Private E-2

I cleared the CMOS and now at least get something on the screen. However, it says:
    windows could not start b/c the following file is missing or corrupt
    <windows root>\system32\hal.dll

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds