installed Nortons 360 2.0 lost connection ..

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by RDOGNY, Jan 29, 2009.

1. RDOGNY

RDOGNY Private E-2

immediately after installing Nortons 360 2.0 premeir,i lost internet connection.(this is the computer in my sons room which is hardwired to the router in the next room)My Pc in the room that i didnt install Nortons is fine and i still have xbox live wireless connection.Can anyone please help me get back my connection.(My 12 year old has been on my back for 3 days now and everything ive tried isnt working)Please Help:(....My router is Dlink DIR-655

2. lbmest

lbmest MajorGeek

Hi RDOGNY and welcome to MGs.
    I've never used Systemworks so take these as "maybe" suggestions.
    First thought would be to check the firewall settings. Check both Windows and Norton's. Windows should be OFF and Norton's should allow your network range, probably 192.168.x.x. (First x probably 1 or 2 and second x in a range from 2 to 254)

3. dc367

dc367 Private E-2

RDOGNY, being a systems engineer I still do some work on the side with home computers and have seen this several times. I understand you bought the Norton 360 program but I would remove it through control panel/add/remove programs. You'll see your internet connection come right back. All you need is the regular Norton Antivirus which is actually cheaper. Programs like Norton 360 that have the extra firewall that is not needed and a lot of times cause more problems and slow the machine down more than anything. If you really want to keep the program I'm sure you can call Symantec tech support who owns the Norton product and they can find where it's blocking your internet connection. Hope this helps a bit.

4. Michael York

Michael York Norton Authorized Support Team

Hello RDOGNY,

This is Mike from the Norton Authorized Support Team.

Most internet connectivity issues that occur after installing Norton 360 2.0 are related to a configuration issue, software conflict or infection.

Symantec has a produced a step-by-step document to help you resolve this issue.

Using Internet Explorer, please click on the link below and follow the instructions carefully.

Resolve Norton 360 connectivity problems

If you still have problems after following the docuemnt, please let me know.

Thank you,
    Mike

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds