Installed separate programs for AV etc and things got worse...

Discussion in 'Software' started by elazarus, Mar 7, 2007.

1. elazarus

elazarus Private E-2

Lst night Iuninstalled Kaspersky Internet Security 6.0 and put in Avast 4 and Comodo firewall......I already had SpamBayes and spysweeper on the computer.

It did not take long and this morning it was worse. Comodo slowed the machine's browsing ability to a crawl...reminds me of Norton/Mcafee.....so I disabled it and put up Windows firewall.

Now it seems that Avast is ok and speed has picked up...although the installs screwd up a perfectly working "SpamBayes" program in Outlook.

Right now the separates are not necessarily "faster" than the All in One...and out of PC-Cillin, Norton, Mcafee, Zone Alarm and Kaspersky (all latest Internet Security packages) Kaspersky seemed to be the best and fastest with the only drawback being the Spam, which Spam Bayes worked perfectly with it.

Morning report.....Now what to do about Comodo and the scores of pop ups which take more time than a slower maching, but in this case...as slower machine with tons of pop up alerts....

Any answers?

Thank you

Elliot

2. elazarus

elazarus Private E-2

Hi,

The pop ups I am talking about are the Messages from Comodo asking permissions for each and every move any program is trying to make, sometimes 3 messages for the same program.

When you say remove all the startup programs except antivirus, firewall and anti spyware programs, do you mean from the Start up folder or from MSCONFIG.

I am assuming you mean the startup folder in Explore.

Thank you

Elliot

3. elazarus

elazarus Private E-2

Hi,

Understood....this may be a Dumb question....don't I need to startup with:

Netgear\wpn111.exe for my wireless internet

Novastor back up for an automatic scheduled back up

C:\\Windows\system32\cftmon.exe

Sound Max

Multi media card reader\shwicon2k.exe

MXOALDR.EXE is my External Maxtor Hard drive that gets backup every night at 4am

Can I really delete these? How will they start to back up or get the wireless working?

Thank you

Elliot

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds