installin xp after boot floppies

Discussion in 'Software' started by mcadam, Sep 3, 2004.

1. mcadam

mcadam Major Amnesia

ok new h/d and trying to install xp pro. i go through the 6 setup floppies and get to the formatting of partitions. i choose ntfs normal, not quick and it gets to about 80% and tells me the sp1.cab is missing or corrupted. then te screen goes black and says ntldr is missing

how many times have i seen this file annoy me before!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

someone please help, i've never had a problem with my xp disc so what am i doin wrong?

2. Wisewiz

Wisewiz Apprentice's Sorcerer

I see you're here, Mc, so I'll ask: Why are you using the floppies if you have the "XP disc"?

3. mcadam

mcadam Major Amnesia

erm the xp disc isn't bootable

i've managed to get to preparing drive after formatting, so let's see how it goes now!

4. mcadam

mcadam Major Amnesia

5. mcadam

mcadam Major Amnesia

Re: installin xp after boot floppies - please can someone help!!!

ok i get the message that comes up on the link in my previous message. is it my xp cd or what, i really need help here!!!!!

6. Adrynalyne

Adrynalyne Guest

Re: installin xp after boot floppies - please can someone help!!!

You need a working, pirated copy...:D :D

Yeah, I'm making an assumption. ;)

Why else wouldn't XP be bootable? :p

7. mcadam

mcadam Major Amnesia

ok, i'm downloading a few versions of xp pro on eMule at the moment, so it's my xp disc that's the problem here?

8. Adrynalyne

Adrynalyne Guest

9. mcadam

mcadam Major Amnesia

ok, when these are finished downloading i'll inform you! also, will i need my 6 setup floppies or are they not needed?

(you might need to run me through this setup too, as i've never installed onto a new h/d!)

10. mcadam

mcadam Major Amnesia

ok, i've hooked my 80 gig up to my comp and it shows up, now can anyone tell me if i can install windows through my 20 gig, which is what i'm running windows on at the moment?

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds