Installing Additional Fans, help with connections.

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by dvzon, May 17, 2010.

1. dvzon

dvzon Private E-2

Hello, I have decided to take on the task of adding additional fans, either 120 mm or less, to my pc case. A friend will cut the holes and do the manual part of it so installing them is not the issue.

How the hell do people mod 7-9 fans when the motherboard doesn't have enough connectors for the fans? my motherboard lga775 sockect, model dg33sxg2, has a connector for the fan in the back, and the cpu fan - that's it! unless I'm missing something, and there are more or maybe a certain way I gotta do it?

Thanx for any help!

2. augiedoggie

augiedoggie The Canadian Loon - LocoAugie (R.I.P. 2012)

There are power supply adapters that look like this, there might be some with multiple fan adapters. This came with my fans.

Attached Files:

3. dvzon

dvzon Private E-2

Thank you for your help!

4. Burrell

Burrell MajorGeek

The other option is to buy a fan controller, which uses one Molex connection and can power up to 8 fans.

Auggie man, you need to quit, that case is disgusting! :(

5. dvzon

dvzon Private E-2

That sounds like a much better idea, and because I'll be buying a new, large ATX case for my micro-atx board, it will be a much better solution.

What place would you recommend I buy a fan controller from? newegg, ebay, etc..?

Tx for help!:wave

6. Burrell

Burrell MajorGeek

Well i am british, but all the americans on this site seem to use Newegg.

This
    one looks good.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds