Installing Adobe Flash

Discussion in 'Software' started by dumb miss teen australia, Dec 23, 2007.

1. Hi Guys & Merry Xmas!

I've just been having problems installing flash on my laptop from the official site. I'm running Vista home premium.

I've followed all the instructions on the adobe site re: settings and activate the active x as instructed.

I wait for the download and there's no 'movie or text' as there's supposed to be. Only a little flash logo that pops up for a few seconds.

I did manage to install into 'owner/my downloads ' the following from a mirror site:

The title of the instalation is: Adobe Flash Player Active x set up - completed.

Delete file: C:\Windows\system32\Macromed\Flash\install.log
    Output folder: C:\Windows\system32\Macromed\Flash
    Skipped: Flash9e.ocx
    Skipped: FlashUtil9e.exe
    Registering: C:\Windows\system32\Macromed\Flash\Flash9e.ocx
    Created uninstaller: C:\Windows\system32\Macromed\Flash\uninstall_activeX.exe
    Completed

I'm just confused! What do I do after opening this? Or are there any other suggestions?

A few months ago I did manage to see You Tube postings, though not now. Also the windows media player isn't working.

Thanks so much... Teen x:drool

2. dlb

dlb MajorGeek

I've had problems occasionally with installing Flash player from the Adobe site also. What I usually do, if the PC doesn't have it installed, I'll go to a web site that requires Flash player, and let Windows install it when I'm prompted. One site I use for this is http://www.nvidia.com/page/home.html This is NVidia's home page and it requires Flash player to be viewed correctly with the animations and what not. Click that link I provided; if the site looks OK and everything is flowing smoothly, the your Flash player is probably OK. If not, uninstall it completely, reboot, and try to let Windows install it from a site that requires Flash like the one I linked to above....
    Good luck!
    and Happy Holidays! :D :wine

3. Thanx dlb...

I've tried your approach, but unfortunately I keep on getting redirected to the macromedia/adobe site that fails to download.

I give permission to continue and install the active x, but still no success.

Teen...

4. Lev

Lev MajorGeek

5. Thanks Lev,

I've done everything you mentioned. Unfortunately the same result. I go through the process with installing and it's just not happening for me. I wasn't sure if any other security settings are blocking things, but I didn't want to get in too deep!

Teen xx

6. Sorry... Just another question...

Should I be turning off firewalls when trying to download flash or any other windows security features?

Teen xx

7. Matacumbie

Matacumbie Rocky Top

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds