Installing CCleaner

Discussion in 'Software' started by balloo, Sep 1, 2010.

1. balloo

balloo Private E-2

[​IMG]

Can anyone help me (a pc dummy) with this please hope it displays I am trying to Install CCleaner it downloads ok but will not install. :-o

2. DavidGP

DavidGP MajorGeeks Forum Administrator - Grand Pooh-Bah Staff Member

Hi

What Windows version you using?

But try this when you start the download, do not choose RUN, choose SAVE and save it to your desktop and then once downloaded, double click it to run, from your screenshot you are trying to run it direct from download and your security applications or your user account may not let you.

Also try installing from the admin account, if you have 98/W2K/XP and above (it will not run in any other versions) in the newest version, may need to find an older one.

3. balloo

balloo Private E-2

Hi Halo
    I am using Windows XP SP3.

4. balloo

balloo Private E-2

Downloaded it to desktop like you suggested did not work there either simular box popped up. :confused

5. DavidGP

Hi

Did you logon as the administrator on your XP PC and try again?

Download this application from HERE and try to install, its just a test and a random application I was downloading myself, if you get similar to that message, then definatly run the below guide.

Are you having malware issues? if so then follow the below and start a new thread in the malware forum and attach the logs the guide requests.

6. balloo

balloo Private E-2

I only have one name on the computer so I'm assuming its administrator :confused

7. DavidGP

Yes

Then also follow the rest of the post and do the malware guide stuff and start a new thread in the malware forum and attach the logs requested, so malware can be ruled out.

8. balloo

balloo Private E-2

Hi Halo
    I think i have done it I have now installed CCleaner. What I did was msconfig/startup disabled all and enabled Avira, PC is much faster now it downloaded your link Spywareblaster and also CCleaner. The other thing I noticed in setup (this is a seperate question) things I have removed from PC like IObit and some others are still in the startup box unchecked so they will/can not start I really dont know and dont want to try, how do I get rid of them.

Thanks for all your help b

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds