Installing Microsoft Office 2010 Issue?

Discussion in 'Software' started by GuardianAngel671, Feb 9, 2017.

1. GuardianAngel671

GuardianAngel671 Private E-2

Yesterday my Office started saying the activation wasn't working but it was fine a few days before. So I figured maybe somehow the activation was messed up.So I tried to redo it-wouldn't let me. So I figured maybe somehow something got corrupted & figured uninstall & do a fresh re-install -usually easy to do. Now I'm getting first this message :

microsoft office error 3 .JPG
    Then I googled it & found this video: How to manually remove and uninstall Office 2010 on Windows & followed it. The reinstall was going good & got that message back. (grr) A few times I also got this message:
    microsoft office error 2 .JPG
    I'm just curious how do I fix this as I need my Office back so my kids can use the Word to do homework.If anyone has any helpful advice-I'd so welcome it. I was up till after 4am yesterday & still no luck :(
    Thankies Rose

2. plodr

plodr Major Geek Super Extraordinaire

3. MaxTurner

MaxTurner Banned

I suggest you try a more thorough uninstall tool.
    These two work well but you MUST use their 'advanced' or 'powerscan' options before completing:
    1. Revo Uninstaller Free ('advanced' scan)
    or
    2. IoBit Uninstaller ['powerscan')
    when installing either of the above make sure you UNCHECK added options that are not part of the program itself.

When you choose which one to use, when it says it has completed, you then need to RESTART your system and then to search in program files and program data for any folders that refer to Microsoft Office and DELETE THEM.
    Next you restart the system again and now run a safe cleaner such as CCleaner Slim
    First you run its cleaner in its default settings and get it to clean all items found.
    Now run its 'Registry' scan > fix all issues and 'fix all issues' making the recommended back up.
    Run as many times as needed until zero issues found.

Now try a clean install.

4. GuardianAngel671

ok will give this a try.

5. GuardianAngel671

Ok I downloaded both & couldn't find advanced scan on the Revo or the powerscan on the other 1- do those options have other names by chance?

6. dr.moriarty

dr.moriarty Malware Super Sleuth Staff Member

Just start Revo Uninstaller (versions 2.0.0 or 2.0.2), select program to uninstall - right-click and choose "Uninstall"... the below GUI will appear as well as one to confirm your wish to uninstall selected program.

Using Revo Image .jpg

7. GuardianAngel671

The program doesn't show up as it's already removed but there must be registry items or such still somewhere as it keeps saying there is pars still there. That's prob why I can't figure out the uninstaller programs. I've tried CCleaner & Wise Care365 -still have those issues after both say there are no registry issues left. There was a section on maual removal here
    https://support.office.com/en-us/article/Uninstall-or-remove-Office-2010-90635a1d-aec8-4653-b358-67e1b766fc4d?ui=en-US&rs=en-US&ad=US

- still can't install. Another place said to try a Clean Boot & that was here http://wiki-errors.com/do-it-yourself-solution-for-microsoft-word-error-1712/
    but I didn't try that yet as it says XP & my comp is Win7 64 bit.

8. GuardianAngel671

Office is already uninstalled. It was uninstalled that's why I'm trying to get this issue fixed so I can re-install it. I keep getting the error messages that I posted above.-sorry for repost - my other post didn't show before so I thought it didn't save.

9. foogoo

foogoo Major "foogoo" Geek

You cleaned the registry, clean the temp files? Make sure there are no "Office" folders left on the drive? under program files and app data??

10. GuardianAngel671

I tried to but I'm not sure if I got all the office registry files.

11. Earthling

Earthling Interplanetary Geek

Do you by any chance have a system restore point available that pre-dates the activation problem?

12. GuardianAngel671

I thought I did but some reason the restore points is turned off on my comp-I've no idea why as I never turned them off. Unless OfficeMax did when I took it to them once to be checked out. I forget how to turn it back on to make restore points-once I get this fixed.

13. Earthling

Control Panel > System > System Protection

14. GuardianAngel671

15. GuardianAngel671

Ok I tried the manual removal again & found 2 dll files in an Office 14 folder that can't be removed as they're shared with another program.Can this be my hangup? If so how do I get around this as I'm not allowed to delete /remove them or the Office 14 folder since they are shared.Here's location & the shared dlls. Also the names of shared items.
    can't delete dlls -shared.JPG
    grooveex shared.JPG
    msochevi dll shared.JPG

16. Earthling

What checks have you done to see if the system is infected? As the system is used by kids there is a high probability that it is. I suggest you visit the MajorGeeks malware forum and get them to take a look at it. Be sure to follow the Read and Run Me First guidelines.

17. GuardianAngel671

I use Avast & Malwarebytes for scans.I can go check there for a scan also but I do need to see if I can get this figured as my kids are falling behind on their online school work as this is needed to access their work.

18. Earthling

Your screenshots show you really aren't anywhere near resolving this yet. Have you thought about using Word Online temporarily? The MG Malware team do very much more than simply scan - they are experts in malware detection and removal.

19. GuardianAngel671

I'd never heard of Word Online but I'll check into it thanks. I'll def bookmark it.

20. Eldon

Eldon Major Geek Extraordinaire

21. GuardianAngel671

Ok I'll check into those also thanks.

22. Eldon

Eldon Major Geek Extraordinaire

Wait until you get the all clear from the Malware Help forum.

23. GuardianAngel671

That last 1 sounds interesting but kids do homeschool so not sure that we have a school email. Kids have school supplied comps with office on them but due to our really sluggy internet connection-they can't log on to school comps to access the use of them.That's why I'm trying ta get mine back up.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds