Installing ms certificates

Discussion in 'Software' started by octavio714, Aug 21, 2010.

1. octavio714

octavio714 Private E-2

I have many errors CAPI2, event ID 11 in the event viewer of windows vista Ultimate SP2. I downloaded the required certificate to fix this problem, but I cannot install it.

The file I want to install is authroot.stl. Every time I double click on it, fireworks tries to open it. If I right-click on it and choose "open with", I do not see any other application that could open such file extension.

I know windows should have a program to install this certificate (.stl), but I do not know where is the executable file to accomplish this.

Any help?

2. itmortiz

itmortiz Corporal

As i see the problem comes from Windows Media Player, now, wich version are using you?

I leave here some info, but do this to install the file.

█▓▒█▓▒█▓▒█▓▒█▓▒█▓▒█▓▒
    Installing the certificate
    █▓▒█▓▒█▓▒█▓▒█▓▒█▓▒█▓▒

Start > Run > CMD

When the black window appear, just drop the file into it and press enter.

█▓▒█▓▒█▓▒█▓▒█▓▒█▓▒█▓▒█▓▒█▓▒█▓▒█▓▒
    Optional Solution, long way but interesting
    █▓▒█▓▒█▓▒█▓▒█▓▒█▓▒█▓▒█▓▒█▓▒█▓▒█▓▒

You could fix the problem disabling a service or i guess "installing that you have said".

Now, the file youre attempting to install is a .cab, so the first is to change it to the correct extension file.

Now, to see the real extension of the file (.STL) or change it, do the next steps.

1. Open any folder

2. Tools > Folder Options

3. Select Tab "View"

4. Disable "hide extensions for known file types"

Back to the file and check is a .STL

You also could download original file here:

http://www.download.windowsupdate.com/msdownload/update/v3/static/trustedr/en/authrootstl.cab

That file is recognized originally for Crypto Shell Extensions of Windows not fireworks.

3. octavio714

octavio714 Private E-2

I have WMP v11

I tried dropping both files (.cab and .stl) into a DOS windows, but it did not work at all. I used cmd.exe and command.exe with same result.

The .can file is a compressed file. I used winRAR to extract the certificate (.stl). Is there a windows component that can do this?

Now, I had the same problem in a windows 7 system, and I had not issues installing this certificate. I just right-click it and chose "install". But in vista I don't see the option "install" due that extension is assigned to adobe fireworks

I know the reason is that fireworks took ownership of the .stl extension. I will uninstall it, hoping windows will assign its ownership to the right application (windows feature).

4. octavio714

octavio714 Private E-2

BTW, that is what I need: Crypto Shell Extensions of Windows . I remember "that" was what installed the certificate in windows 7, but I don't know how to make it work in vista.

If Crypto Shell Extensions of Windows is an executable file, I just would need to locate the file and make it open the .stl but I don't know where is it.

5. techsent

techsent Corporal

Hi octavio714,

The updated certificate should be included with Windows Update or Microsoft Update. Update your system and reboot.

Techsent

6. itmortiz

itmortiz Corporal

When you tried droping the file into the black CMD window, and press ENTER, what appears, any error or just doesn't anything happens.

7. octavio714

octavio714 Private E-2

When I drop the file into a DOS windows, nothing happens. As soon as I drop the file into it, I just activate that window (DOS) and after I hit "enter", the cursor only goes to the next c:\ prompt, but nothing is processed .....I mean, nothing is "typed" in the c:\ prompt

8. octavio714

octavio714 Private E-2

Techsent,

Although I update windows manually, I have not missed any update

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds