installing new windows xp disk to a comp with......

Discussion in 'Software' started by earl white, Dec 18, 2005.

1. earl white

earl white Private E-2

ok im abouhgt to try to put windows xp on another computer,i went and bought the disk new and i need to know how to remoove windows me and install xp on it this is an hp computer im doing this to so if any one can help me step by step???????????

2. brownizs

brownizs MajorGeek

When you boot with the WinXP CD, just follow the directions. When it asks if you wish to format other partition, just say yes (press correct key), and it will Format, and install WinXP. It really is not that hard, it is following the prompts is all you have to do.

3. earl white

earl white Private E-2

ya but will that get rid of every thing on it thats what we are looking for so that it starts new????

4. brownizs

brownizs MajorGeek

If it formats the drive, I pretty much am sure that it will get rid of everything, unless you have the right tools to rescue the formated info.

Yep, it will get rid of everything. That is what a format does.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds