Installing Norton Security on Vista

Discussion in 'Software' started by swati01@gmail.com, Apr 22, 2007.

1. swati01@gmail.com

swati01@gmail.com Private E-2

I tried to install Norton Internet Security Suite on my machine, running Vista Home Premium. I got a message that this had compatibility issues, I checked the Symantec site and found the add-on. But now its a catch-22, I can't runn the add-on cos it wants the Norton already installed on the system, and I can't install Norton as it says not compatible...

Any help please????????

2. DavidGP

DavidGP MajorGeeks Forum Administrator - Grand Pooh-Bah Staff Member

Which Norton Version do you have ( NIS 2005/06/07 )?

Seems to be a upgrade route from NIS2006 to 2007 direct from Symantec ( 2005 is not supported and they will charge you for this ) http://www.symantec.com/en/uk/home_homeoffice/support/special/upgrade2007/vista/migration_start.jsp

Following the instructions you download the patch you already have and then click Continue and download NIS2007, you will need a valid licence tho.

This is for OEM Norton upgrades http://service1.symantec.com/SUPPORT/sharedtech.nsf/docid/2007022800225313

But if your version of Norton doesnt support the upgrade route like the above and your licence period is up or nearly up then please have a read of this How to Protect yourself from malware!

3. swati01@gmail.com

swati01@gmail.com Private E-2

hi

I will try doing the download, I do have a valid license so that shouldn't be an issue. I was trying to install NIS 2007.
    thanks for your help, hope it works now :)

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds