Installing USB flash Driver, Creates Network pasword?

Discussion in 'Software' started by g6qwerty, Aug 31, 2014.

1. g6qwerty

g6qwerty Private E-2

Install a new USB San Disk Cruiser Glide 16gb flash drive (SDCZ60-016G), Drivers and now to access the files that are shared on that computer its asking me for a password for the guest account which is not enabled on that computer or a password has been set.

Only way I found to fix this was to use system restore to restore before the USB Driver was installed, then Uninstall the network adapters and reboot. Then reinstall the network drivers after reboot, and that fixed it.

Then on Second xp computer, it kept asking for the password to access those files to uninstalled both of its network adapters and restarted and reinstalled the drivers and that fix it.

I tried turning on the guest account and creating a password for the guest account.
    Also tried uninstalling network drivers and reinstalling with out doing system restore.
    Uninstalling and reinstalling Shared Files Service.

So after installing usb drive and restarting, I can no longer access the shared files on the first computer. because it asked for a password that was never created, with the user grayed out, which is guest.

Only thing I can think of is something in the driver is conflicting so I attached the new and old driver files.

First computer is
    Win XP Home fully uptodate
    P4 2.4ghz
    Asus P4G8X Deluxe
    Geforce Fx5600xt
    Sound blaster Live 5.1

Second Computer is
    Win XP home fully uptodate
    Dell Latitude D600 with Dell True Mobile 1300 wireless

Attached Files:

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds