installing windows on sata drives

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by MARTY-BOXSTORES, Nov 27, 2009.

1. MARTY-BOXSTORES

MARTY-BOXSTORES Private E-2

hi guys my motherboard is gigabyte GA-7400 PRO
    i know you need to put sata driver on floppy then the drive shows up i have on floppy

iteraid and txtsetup.oem this i got from the gigabyte website but when i hit f6 and speccify the floppy i get this error

File \WINXP\iteraid.sys caused an unexpected error (18 ) at line 2108 in d:\xpsp1\base\boot\setup\oemdisk

am i not putting the right files on floppy or what am i doing wrong any help would be great please thanks Marty

2. Butchtaylor909

Butchtaylor909 Private E-2

I have the GA-MA770-UD3 and all i did to install Vista to a sata drive was put the OS disk in the DVD drive and select boot from CD/DVD and go from there. the disk had everything it needed to install the necessary drivers.
    i dont even have a floppy in my system.
    and AFAIK xp also has the raid drivers necessary to work
    do you mean the GA-7N400 pro mobo?

3. Butchtaylor909

Butchtaylor909 Private E-2

If you really need to make a driver diskette forllow the following steps

For the Windows operating system (Win NT, WinXP, Win2000 ), for IDE
    RAID/SCSI/Serial ATA functioning, the driver must first be transferred to a floppy disk.
    Please follow the steps below to complete driver transfer to a floppy disk:
    1) Please insert the provided driver CD(one provided from Gigabyte) into the hard disk drive eg. Drive D:
    2) Insert a blank formatted floppy disk into the floppy disk drive.
    3) Either from "Command Prompt" or DOS, please type in
    "D:\BootDrv\menu.exe"
    4) Information on all chipsets should be listed on the screen, please select the
    proper chipset model.(NVIDIA nForce2 Ultra 400)
    Your system will then automatically zip and transfer this driver file to the floppy disk.
    After you complete the steps, boot from the Windows CD to install the RAID drivers.
    When install Windows 2000 or Windows XP from HDDs in serial ATA controller, press
    F6 as Win2000 or XP boots up, then supply serial ATA controller driver by this floppy
    disk. Follow on-screen instructions to complete installation

And dont forget to set booting device to Array0 and set as SCSI boot in the BIOS to set RAID as startup disk.

4. sach2

sach2 Major Geek Extraordinaire

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds