Installing Windows on SATA HDD!!! HELP PLEASE!!!

Discussion in 'Software' started by JubeiTigeruk, Sep 4, 2007.

1. JubeiTigeruk

JubeiTigeruk Private E-2

Hi guys,

I have a Fujitsu Semens Amilo Pro V2040.

Model: MS2175

I have found that the HDD on the computer has stopped working... so i installed a brand new SATA HDD. Now that the person i am doing this for doesn't have any Recovery CD's and i think the recovery part of the laptop was on the HDD anyway. I need SATA drivers for Windows XP to be able to see the drive. I have looked soooo much on Fujitsu's main site. UK and USA version but nothing on there. Did try looking on their fourm but having problems with the site by the looks of it.

Wondering if anyone can help me out here knowing where i could get SATA HDD drivers for the drive.

I need to get this done ASAP so i would be VERY greatfull if anyone could help me out.

I have also tried installing Windows XP on to an IDE drive and copying that to the SATA drive and seeing if i could get it into windows that way to play about with it but it don't work.

So now i am stuck and need them drivers....

I look forward to hearing from someone soon!

Thanks.

JubeiTigeruk

2. hopperdave2000

hopperdave2000 MajorGeek

Apparently this model was sold exclusively in Europe and I could find very little on the internet about it. From what I did find, I think it has an Intel 915 chipset, so you can use the following link to get the SATA drivers:
    http://downloadcenter.intel.com/Det...&OSFullName=Windows* XP Home Edition&lang=eng
    Other drivers/software for this chipset are available here:
    http://downloadcenter.intel.com/fil...XP+Home+Edition&lang=eng&strOSs=45&submit=Go!
    These drivers are for Windows XP Home or Pro. Keep in mind, you'll need a floppy drive to install the chipset drivers during Windows setup (you'll press F6 right at the beginning and insert the floppy when prompted). Good luck!

hd2k

3. JubeiTigeruk

JubeiTigeruk Private E-2

Hi,

I did try all of these went through all the normal things. Nothing seems to be working.

Doing my head in now this computer is.. haha

Something so simple to do but needing that driver.

Any more ideas or URL's you know of that could help me out!

I been intouch with the guy that owns the computer he don't even have the CD's or anything that came with it! Which is a pain also!

Ill keep trying anyway and keep you updated!

Thanks again for the help!

JubeiTigeruk

4. JubeiTigeruk

JubeiTigeruk Private E-2

In the end for this one i added Intel Drivers into the Windows CD so that it was picked up. Seemed to work fine... and the laptop was complete!

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds