installing windows xp cycle reboot

Discussion in 'Software' started by sdawg27, Aug 22, 2009.

1. sdawg27

sdawg27 Private E-2

So I had a recent problem with a corrupt hal.dll file that I couldn’t fix so I decided to install windows on my second HDD. But my problem is when I install XP it gets a ways in to the installation and says it needs to reboot. So I let it reboot, but when it starts up again it starts at the beginning of the installation.
    So again I start installing when it says it needs to reboot and goes into this endless cycle.

Thank you in advance all you Major Geeks out there! Sdawg. :major

2. iwunderdownunder

iwunderdownunder First Sergeant

g'day sdawg27

i once had this same thing happen to me and what i was doing was when it said it needed to reboot and it had the 30 second count down it also gave me the opportunity to press enter to reboot now so i pressed enter when it rebooted it went straight back to the beginning of the installation process.it took me a couple of restarts to figure out to just let it reboot it self and leave the enter button out of it.thus the installation went through successfully.

3. sdawg27

sdawg27 Private E-2

oh i got it, i just had to hit f12 and boot from my HDD,
    Thanks anyway mate, Sdawg27.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds