Installing xp on Acer Aspire One?

Discussion in 'Software' started by 3khunter, Jan 8, 2010.

1. 3khunter

3khunter Private E-2

I bought an external cd/rw usb drive for my netbook which is an Acer aspire one d250-1371. I am trying to install windows xp on it. I have a genuine copy of xp pro with sp3 slipstreamed with the product code on it. When I boot from the external and windows loads the installation process it says there is no hard drive for it to install xp. Can anyone help? :confused

2. thesmokingun

thesmokingun MajorGeek

most likely it is due to either your slipstreamed disc doesn't have the proper drivers for the hard drive, or you may have to go into the bios and find a SATA setting related to the drive, that says something about turning native sata mode on or off. turn it off.

3. plodr

plodr Major Geek Super Extraordinaire

Is Win 7 starter currently installed on your Aspire?

4. 3khunter

3khunter Private E-2

win 7 starter was installed but that did the trick forgot all about the SATA setting, but now when i try to install the chipset driver from the manufacturer it installs just fine but when i restart i get a BSOD and i have to go to last know good configuration :( any ideas?

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds