Instant messangers acting badly

Discussion in 'Software' started by Drakeskull, May 18, 2004.

1. Drakeskull

Drakeskull Private E-2

I am on 56k to start off with and i use my instant messagers alot. Aim Msn and Yahoo. In msn and aim i get randomly disconected from it all the time especially when browsing. In yahoo it will go like several min. with out me getting a message from the person im talking to and then they all flood in at once. And also in yahoo it doesnt show when people are on and off correctly. It has always done this even with and without firewalls. Thank you for any help.

2. Rataplan

Rataplan Private E-2

also ran any spyware, adware and trojan scans?

3. da chicken

da chicken MajorGeek

Are you running any P2P software like Kaaza, WinMX, or eMule?

Maybe you could try an all-in-one IM client like GAIM.

4. Drakeskull

Drakeskull Private E-2

I ran cwshredder and found nothing i also frequintly run the earthlink spyware tool. I do run Kazaa lite k++ but not all the time unless it has something that runs in the back ground.

5. da chicken

da chicken MajorGeek

Well, if there's an icon for Kazaa in your tray, then it's trying to upload and download stuff all the time. Even if you're not downloading, it will upload as much as it can.

Try closing Kazaa.

6. Drakeskull

Drakeskull Private E-2

I have checked to make sure it wasnt running. I also checked to make sure that p2p wasnt a process that i have seen do with normal versions of kazaa. My isp is earthlink im going to try some different access numbers. Could it possibly be my modem its a Intel(R) 536EP Modem. I have planned on buying a us robotics perfromance pro. I am also going to try and getting off my network and see it there is any change.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds